Mother’s Day Quiz
If you are holding a gathering at your place for Mother’s Day, you can have a fun time by asking questions about your mother itself. For this quiz you should do the necessary arrangements at least a day before. Choose the participants and you should collect the information needed for your quiz from their respective mothers. When all is settled, you can have a ball at your quiz competition with these questions. You can add many more to these.
- What is your mom’s favorite perfume?
- What is her favorite color?
- Who is her favorite actor?
- What does she do in her leisure time?
- Which is the latest book she has read?
- Who is her favorite author?
- What is her favorite flower?
- What is the first gift that your dad gifted her?
- When is Mother’s Day celebrated?
Answer: The second Sunday of every month of May
- Identify the famous name associated with Mother’s Day?
Answer: Anna Jarvis
- Which country was the first to recognize Mothers Day?
- What was Mothering Sunday?
Answer: The day the household servants returned to be with their mothers.
- What brought an end to Mothering Sunday?
Answer: The Industrial Revolution
- What was the favorite flower of Mrs. Jarvis?
Answer: White Carnation
- What is the official flower for Mother’s Day?
Answer: Red Carnation
- When was the first Mother’s Day observed?
Answer: May 10, 1908
- Where are the flowers you buy mom for Mother’s Day grown?
Answer: Columbia, California
- What is the median age of women that give birth for the first time?
- What states were the first American Mother’s Day was celebrated in?
Answer: West Virginia and Pennsylvania
- What was the first state to issue a proclamation for a day honoring mothers?
Answer: West Virginia
- Where was the first Mother’s Day service held?
Answer: Andrews Methodist Church
- When was Mother’s Day officially declared?
Answer: May 8, 1914
- In France, what is Mother’s Day referred to as?
Answer: Fete des Meres